I will be speaking in Palo Alto next week at the Product Marketing Roundtable of the Business Marketing Association. I have spoken there before and have always been impressed by the quality of the people in attendance. The conversation is always interesting.
Information on signing up for the breakfast is below. I hope some of you will join me!
Where’s the Money? Generating Online Services Revenue in a World of “Free”
Many online services companies struggle with the challenge of figuring
out how to make money from the services and content they’ve created.
With the recent publishing of Chris Anderson’s book “Free”, pricing
strategy is ever more in the spotlight. Join Robbie Kellman Baxter,
president of Peninsula Strategies, to explore the pros and cons of
different pricing structures, as well as best practices for generating
recurring revenue for online and mobile services. Industries discussed
will include dating, gaming, online content/news/media and exclusive
social networks. Learn what companies like Netflix, PayCycle,
Zoomerang, Blizzard Entertainment (makers of World of Warcraft, the
most successful Massively Multi-player Online Game ever), Sermo (the
leading collaboration community for physicians) and eHarmony do right
to win their loyal, paying customers.
We’ll cover a range of topics, including the following:
– How to determine right size trial offer
– How online communities use information arbitrage to generate revenue
– Whether to have tiered subscriptions or a single offering
– Whether or not to offer ongoing services for free
– Working with online & offline partners to build your pipeline
– How frequently to enhance or rethink your offering to keep it fresh
– Increasing loyalty of existing subscribers
– Leveraging word of mouth and networked effects
– Managing attrition
session promises to be informative, engaging and practical—come with
your questions and ideas, and be prepared for an educational and
Thursday, September 17th
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Scott’s Seafood Restaurant and Grill
855 El Camino Real
Town and Country Shopping Center
(Embarcadero and El Camino)
Palo Alto, CA 94301
$15 BMA members / $30 non-members*